SHAKA (Summer Home Adventures & Keiki Activities) with KTA
June 1 to 28, 2020
Although school and summer programs may be closed, FUN can never be canceled! SHAKA with KTA for Summer Home Adventures and Keiki Activites! We’ve partnered with ‘Imiloa Astronomy Center, Shaka Tea and the East Hawaii Cultural Center - Youth Arts Series to create adventures and activities for our Hawai’i keiki. Staying busy and positive is more important now, then ever before. With the skills of our local Hawai’i Island community, we will host a weekly “class” with a D.I.Y, how-to or educational activity on instagram and facebook for our community.
WHO: All Hawai’i residents young, old, near or far can join us weekly and submit a photo of their completed activity on instagram or facebook.
HOW: Participate every week to win up to $80 in KTA Gift Cards! Follow the instructions in the activity post each week to enter.
10 winners for each activity will be selected randomly at the end of the submission period.
Accounts must be public and following @ktasuperstores and host of the week to be eligible to win.
WHAT: Everyone's a winner! All entries will receive a special KTA Mascot Keychain and be entered to win 1 of 10 - $20 KTA Gift Cards plus host prizes for each activity!
In observance of social distancing, all prizes will be mailed to the participant at the end of the promotion. Participants must provide an email and valid state of Hawai’i mailing address to receive their prize.
All entries will be mailed participation keychains by the end of July.
Rules & Regulations:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: SHAKA (Summer Home Adventures & Keiki Activities) with KTA Giveaway is open only to legal residents of Hawaii who have an Instagram or facebook account. Minors must have consent from parent(s) or guardian(s) for participation. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. KTA Super Stores associates, Imiloa Astronomy Center, East Hawai'i Cultural Center and Shaka Tea employees and their immediate family members are ineligible for the promotion.
2. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the giveaway, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the giveaway.
3. Giveaway Period: The giveaway begins at 9:00 a.m. Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time ("HAST"), June 1, 2020 and ends at 11:59 p.m. HAST, June, 28, 2020 (the "Giveaway Period"). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this giveaway.
4. How to Enter: During the Giveaway Period, Follow @ktasuperstores and host of the week (‘Imiloa Astronomy Center, Shaka Tea or East Hawaii Cultural Center - Youth Arts Series) listed in the activity post every Monday at 9:00 am HAST and follow the instructions in each post to enter to win one of ten prizes, every week for four weeks. Entrants must complete the activity and post a photo of the finished product on their public instagram or facebook account with hashtag #ShakaWithKTA. Entrants can participate in an activity every week to win a maximum of 4 times. One (1) entry per person, per week. If an adult is posting for multiple children, 1 photo/post per child’s completed activity must be posted.
5. Giveaway Prize Selection and Verification of Potential Winners: Potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. The Administrator’s selection of potential winners is final and binding in all matters related to the giveaway. There will be forty (40) winners for the giveaway. All entrants will get a free KTA Mascot Keychain. One keychain per person. Entrants must provide KTA Super Stores with their state of Hawai’i address, first and last name, email and contact phone number no later than July 1, 2020 to receive their prize.
ALL PARTICIPANTS who have completed an activity from any of the four weeks, will receive a FREE KTA Mascot Keychain.
Week One: 6/1-6/7 Imiloa Astronomy Center: Ten (10) - Twenty Dollar ($20) KTA Super Stores Gift Cards and Ten (10) ‘Imiloa Compasses.
Week Two: 6/8-6/14 East Hawaii Cultural Center: Ten (10) - Twenty Dollar ($20) KTA Super Stores Gift Cards and Ten (10) East Hawaii Cultural Center Annual Memberships
Week Three: 6/15-6/21 Shaka Tea: Ten (10) - Twenty Dollar ($20) KTA Super Stores Gift Cards and Ten (10) Shaka Tea Sunset Tea (15 bags)
Week Four: 6/22-6/28 KTA Super Stores: Ten (10) - Twenty Dollar ($20) KTA Super Stores Gift Cards and Ten (10) KTA Mascot Reusable Bags and Ten (10) KTA Mascot Notebooks
All prizes will be mailed to winners no later than July 31, 2020.
7. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the giveaway constitutes entrant’s consent for Sponsor and its designees to use entrant’s name, likeness, city and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further consideration.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the giveaway is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but, not limited to, fraud, technical failures, regularly scheduled maintenance, virus or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the giveaway to address the impairment, then resume the giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) cancel the giveaway and award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the time of impairment. The company reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the giveaway or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the company reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the giveaway, entrants agree to release and hold harmless KTA Super Stores and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotional partners, prize partners, agents and agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of each of them (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the giveaway or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the giveaway; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, printers or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the giveaway or the processing of registrations and game pieces; (e) late, lost, or undeliverable mail; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the giveaway or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the giveaway and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequenti, al, direct, or indirect damages. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is duplicate package. If it is not possible to award another entry/play for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any prize offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth herein to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
10. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this giveaway or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for Oahu (First Circuit) of Hawaii or the appropriate Hawaii State Court located in Honolulu County, Hawaii; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering any Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Hawaii, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Hawaii or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Hawaii.
11. Promotion Results: KTA Super Stores will conduct drawing and announce the winner every Tuesday throughout the promotion period.
12. Entrant's Personal Information: Information collected from entrants will be kept confidential to the Administrator, and will not be shared with any other parties/vendors other than what is included in paragraph.
KTA's 32nd Annual Supermarket Safety Poster Contest
with Hawai'i Island 5th Graders
Dear 5th Grade Teachers on Hawai'i Island,
We, at KTA Super Stores, are very concerned about the safety of our customers, as well as the security of their personal belongings. It is time, for our 32nd annual Supermarket Safety Poster Contest. All 5th grade students are invited to participate!
Prizes will be awarded in the following five categories:
- SHOPPING CART ACCIDENTS
- CHILD SAFETY
- FOOD SAFETY
- THEFT (Shoplifting)
- SLIPS AND FALLS
Rules and guidelines for the poster contest are as follows:
- Participants must be in the 5th grade, ages 10-11.
- Student’s name, school, teacher, and category entering must be on the back of the poster. Enclosed is a template of labels.
- Posters should be standard size; 12 inches x 18 inches. No posters larger than 14 inches x 18 inches.
- Completed posters must be submitted no later than Friday May 1, 2020 at the designated KTA Super Stores locations listed below.
- If you are a teacher submitting you classes entries, please provide a typed/printed list of participating students names with the poster entries. Click here for a fillable form.
Submit Entries by Friday, May 1, 2020 to:
Our poster contest is an open to 5th graders island-wide and will be separated into 3 contests depending on school districts.
- Hamakua District: Submit entries to KTA Waimea
- Kona District: Submit entries to KTA Kailua-Kona, KTA Keauhou or KTA Express, Kealakekua
- Hilo District: Submit entries to KTA Puainako
Home School entries should be turned in to the nearest KTA Super Stores location.
Judging & Prizes:
- Judging will be determined after all entries are collected.
- Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each of the five categories.
- Posters will be judged on: CREATIVITY, ARTISTIC VALUE, ORIGINALITY and how well the MESSAGE OF SAFETY is displayed on the poster. Spelling and grammar will also be considered.
- Each participating student will be awarded a gift, which will be delivered to their school. Date to be determined.
- A list of winners will be sent to your school, indicating when and where the winning students will receive their prizes.
To assure authenticity, please allow class time for students to work on their posters. If you have any questions regarding the contest, please contact me or leave a message anytime. We are looking forward to your participation!
Janel de Jesus Bolner – Safety & Security Team Leader
Details are subject to change, and will be updated here.
Questions? Please email: Janel_deJesus-Bolner@ktasuperstores.com
Double Up Your Food Bucks
Receive 50% off qualifying Hawai'i grown fruits and veggies on Snap-EBT purchases with a DA BUX!
DA BUX is a program (in partnership with the Hawaii Island Food Basket) designed to encourage SNAP users to eat healthier by promoting the purchase of fresh fruits and
WHO: SNAP (EBT Food Stamp) Users
WHAT: Get 50% off (up to $20) on qualifying Hawai'i grown fruit and veggie purchases with DA BUX.
WHERE: Any KTA Super Stores location island wide.
WHEN: Purchasing select locally grown produce items with SNAP (EBT Food Stamp) benefits.
HOW: Sign up for a DA BUX discount sticker at any KTA Super Stores/Express Customer Service Center.
Step 1: Shop for qualifying DA BUX fruits and vegetables. Look for the DA BUX logo on the price signage.
Step 2: At checkout, give your DA BUX discount sticker and SNAP-EBT card to the cashier BEFORE swiping your SNAP-EBT card.
Step 3: After ringing up all your items, the cashier scans your DA BUX discount sticker to take 50% off qualifying produce purchases. (maximum $20 discount per transaction, per day; the discount can only be applied at the time of your qualifying purchase)
Step 4: Swipe your SNAP-EBT card to pay for your purchases. (a minimum of 1 cent of SNAP-EBT must be used to receive discount, any other payment methods can be used to pay for the remaining balance)
Mountain Apple Brand Apple Banana
Organic Apple Banana
Keiki Cukes Mini Cucumbers
Lone Palm Farms Alfalfa Sprouts
Lone Palm Farms Alfalfa-Garlic Sprouts
Lone Palm Farms Alfalfa-Onion Sprouts
Lone Palm Farms Broccoli Sprouts
Lone Palm Farms Clover Sprouts
Lone Palm Farms Daikon Sprouts
Lone Palm Farms Mixed Sprouts
Lone Palm Farms Mung Beans
Lone Palm Farms Sunflower Sprouts
Lone Palm Farms Taro Leaves
Lone Palm Farms Snow Pea Sprouts
Prime Kine Butter Lettuce
Prime Kine Moana Lettuce
Organic Baby Romaine Lettuce
Mother Natures Organic Choy Sum
Mother Natures Organic Miracle Salad
Mother Natures Organic Arugula
Mother Natures Organic Chard
Mother Natures Organic Kale
Mother Natures Organic Mustard Cabbage
Mother Natures Organic Parsley
Mother Natures Organic Cilantro
Hamakua Ali’i Oyster Mushroom
Kapoho Solo Papaya
Red Flesh Papaya
Diamond Star Sunrise Papaya
Maui Gold Pineapple
Mokuwai Piko Poi
Mokuwai Piko Poi Pops
Mountain Apple Brand Poi
Taro Brand Poi
Taro Brand Ready to Eat Poi
Waipi‘o Valley Taro Products Poi
Taro Brand Bean Sprouts
Taro Brand Clover Sprouts
Taro Brand Radish Sprouts
Taro Brand Soybean Sprouts
Hilo Products Taro Leaf
Participating items are subject to change without notice based on product availability. See a KTA Super Stores produce department for details.
Questions? Please call The Food Basket at 808-933-6030. DA BUX discounts are available daily until December 29, 2020
SHOP at KTA Super Stores July 31 - September 10, 2019
BUY participating products (Each product equals 1 point)
DONATE points to your favorite school at the checkout
This year marks the 26th anniversary of the Kokua i Na Kula program. The program began in 1994 and has provided more than $2 million to Hawai‘i Island Schools to improve the educational experience of its students.
KTA Super Stores and Kraft/Heinz along with Nabisco, Purina, Gatorade, Hawaiian Sun, Kimberly Clark, Frito Lay, Hershey, Pepsi Cola Hawaii, Hawaii Food Service Alliance, ConAgra Foods, Banana Boat Edgewell, Procter and Gamble and Kellogg’s are teaming up to support Hawai‘i Island schools by donating $100,000 for school improvements and learning materials.
Simply shop at KTA Super Stores starting Wednesday, July 31, 2019 until Tuesday, September 10, 2019. Purchase participating products marked with the Kokua i Na Kula lightbulb and donate your points at the checkout. It's that easy!
Students can also earn additional points and a chance to win a KTA Gift Card in our Social Media Student Contest.
How it works:
- Parental Permission is Required before posting.
- Use the Snapchat KTA Super Stores Kokua i Na Kula lens when you are in or around a KTA Super Stores on your photo – take a selfie, picture of your artwork or better yet a picture of one of our sponsor’s products!
- Upload your picture to Facebook or Instagram
- Include #KTAKOKUA in your post to be eligible to win!
- Parental Release forms will be provided before winner’s entries are re-posted or used by KTA Super Stores.
Students can Post & Play until August 31, 2019. Winners will be selected at random and contacted before September 10, 2019.
Click below to view the 2019 final results!